Healthy Spirulina Mint Choc Smoothie BowlIngredients:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 teaspoon naturally green spirulina
- 1 Lime, Juice
- few leaves of fresh mint
- few small pieces of dark chocolate
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of milk or use our Coconut Milk Powder)
- Blend all the ingredients and put in your smoothie bowl.
- Top the bowl with whatever you like. I chose dragon fruit balls and spirulina energy bites. -Recipe from Alphafoodie.com
Pina Colada Smoothie
- Coconut Milk Powder
- Coconut Water
Summer Banana Berry Spice Smoothie
- 2 bananas (use more if you wish)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1½ cups coconut water or water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, or more to taste
- Pinch nutmeg (optional)
1. Place the coconut water or water and bananas in a blender and blend well.
2. Add the frozen berries and spices and blend until smooth. Pour into a big glass and enjoy the anti-aging benefits! (Courtesy Medical Medium)
Green Smoothie Bowl (Banana-Kiwi)
For the smoothie:
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 fresh bananas
- 4 kiwi fruit, skin removed
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp barley grass juice powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- banana slices
- kiwi fruit slices
- organic shredded coconut
- Or choose any other fruits you like.
- Blend the spinach with 1/2 cup of water.
- Add the rest of the smoothie ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. You may wish to add in extra water to facilitate blending or for a thinner consistency.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy! (Courtesy Medical Medium)
Coconut and Almond Cookies
1 oz almond meal
1 oz coconut oil
½ cup of coconut sugar
1 cup of rolled oats
1/4 cup of hemp seeds
1 teaspoon of coconut milk powder
1 ounce of dark chocolate chunks
1/3 cup of almond butter
Pinch of salt
Pinch of ground cardamom
1 oz of coconut oil
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl till it forms the consistency of cookie dough. Line a baking tray with butter paper. Then make small mounds out of the cookie dough and place them one by one on the baking dish. Bake these in the oven for 25 minutes.
Thai Coconut Soup
- ulu (breadfruit)
- sweet potato
- boc choy
- green beans
- green cabbage
- swiss chard, kale, arugula, spinach or other dark leafy greens
Coconut Chocolate Avocado Dessert
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons coconut sugar (or dates or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
Vegan Coconut Soup with Bok Choy with Hot Chili Sauce
This nourishing soup is bright and fresh while also being comforting and satisfying. Boasting baby bok choy and warm spices, a little coconut sugar is used along with coconut milk to add a subtle sweetness.
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 6 tablespoons Braggs liquid amigos, divided
- 4 tablespoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced vegetables (zucchini, squash, potato, etc...)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 young Thai coconut, meat and liquid
- water (enough to make 2 1/2 cups total liquid when combined with the liquid from the coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (From Hawaii with Love)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric (From Hawaii with Love)
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon raw chili garlic sauce (recipe below)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Toss bok choy with 3 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos and 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for 1 hour.
Toss veggies with remaining braggs, sesame oil and coconut sugar. Let marinate for at least one hour. Place coconut flesh, coconut water and water in high-speed blender. Blend until the mixture starts to feel warm.
Add cumin, turmeric, ginger, raw chili garlic sauce, salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
Remove to bowl, stir in bok choy and veggies. Re-heat gently if desired.
Raw HOT Chili Garlic Sauce
- 6 fresh hot chilies, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut crystals (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes with Vegan Vanilla Frosting
Whole grain flour, coconut sugar and beets combine to make these healthy vegan cupcakes.Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (From Hawaii with Love)
- 2 Tablespoons natural cocoa powder (not dutch processed)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup steamed (but cooled) beets (about 2-3 large beets), pureéd until smooth
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted at room temperature
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a 12-muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the beet pureé, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, and vanilla and chocolate extracts. Process until completely smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Equally distribute the batter between your prepared tins, and bake for 18 – 22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before applying the cream cheese frosting.
- If you want to have the crumbles on top of your frosting, reserve one cupcake and do not apply frosting to it. Instead, crumble it up into a bowl, and once you are done frosting the other cupcakes, sprinkle the crumbs on top. Enjoy!
Vegan vanilla "cream cheese" frosting
Due to the temperature sensitivity of coconut butter, this is not a good recipe for a warm summer day. For the best flavor and texture, have all ingredients at room temperature, 68° to 72°F, and follow this recipe exactly. Yield: 1 1/4, 2 1/2, or 3 3/4 cups frosting. Equipment needed: Any style blender and a digital scale, for the coconut butter.
Makes 2 1/2 cups for 12 cupcakes, use a regular blender.
- 1 cup Unsweetened coconut milk (1/2 cup+ coconut milk powder From Hawaii with Love mixed with 1 cup warm water)
- 2 cups coconut sugar (From Hawaii with Love) grind into fine powder or use powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla flavor
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup packed pure coconut butter (not coconut oil), at room temperature
- Have ready all the ingredients at room temperature.
- In blender, place the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla, lemon juice, and salt. Blend until smooth and the sweetener is completely dissolved.
- Add the coconut butter last and blend until very smooth, translucent, and gummy. Pour into a bowl.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, until it solidifies a bit. Remove it from the refrigerator and spread it on your cake or cupcakes. The frosting is most spreadable at room temperature. If you chill it for too long or store it in the refrigerator, it will solidify and be too hard to spread. If that happens, just set it out to warm very slowly to room temperature.
Vegan Flourless BrowniesWith just a handful of ingredients, these decadent chocolate brownies are the perfect easy dessert and are also a wonderful afternoon treat with tea or coffee.
Bob’s gluten-free egg replacer is the secret ingredient when not using eggs.
- equivalent of 4 large eggs using Bob's gluten-free egg replacer
- 1 cup unsweetened cacoa powder
- 1 cup of coconut sugar (From Hawaii with Love)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until velvety smooth (I used my Vitamix!). Pour into a parchment paper lined 8 x 4 loaf pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will be soft in the middle at 30 minutes and have a slight jiggle. Leave the brownies for at least 5 hours before cutting and eating (I personally couldn’t wait that long and I put them in the fridge after about 15 min of cooling down time, offered them to Divinity with love... and then ate them about an hour later!).
Vegan Coconut Milk Masala Chai
From Hawaii with Love makes an amazing local organic Chai Tea. Mixing it up with a little coconut milk and coconut sugar amplifies the darker flavors and makes for a soothing, satisfying break to the day.
- 1 black tea bag or 1 tbsp loose leaf black tea
- 1 tsp-1 tbsp of chai tea (From Hawaii with Love)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (3/4 cup warm water mixed with 1/2+ cup Coconut Milk Powder From Hawaii with Love)
- 1 tbsp of coconut sugar (From Hawaii with Love)
- 1 star anise (optional)